Capital Projects Open House showcases construction projects in Richmond
11 April 2017
Richmond residents are invited to the 2017 Capital Projects Open House to get information on this year’s line-up of construction works throughout the city. Come to the Richmond City Hall Galleria (6911 No. 3 Road) from 3 to 7 p.m. on Thursday, April 20 to see project examples that represent the City’s objective to continuously maintain, improve and advance infrastructure for the current and future needs of our residents.
“From replacing City watermains, sewers and pump stations to expanding District Energy plants, or building new fire halls and community centres, the City’s diverse portfolio of capital projects ensures reliable, long-lasting and accessible facilities and amenities are provided for Richmond residents,” said Mayor Malcolm Brodie. “These projects provide the necessities for urban living and help fulfill Council’s strategic goals for our growing city.”
Residents are encouraged to attend and learn more about each project by viewing display boards and talking to City staff who will be available to answer questions and provide further information.
Some of this year’s highlighted projects include:
- Minoru Complex
- Fire Hall No. 1
- Fire Hall No. 3
- Crosswalk improvements at two locations
- Traffic signal improvements at four locations
- Arterial roadway improvements at three locations
- Alexandra District Energy Utility (ADEU) phase 3 expansion
- No. 2 Road Multi-use Pathway and Road Upgrades between Steveston Highway and London Road
- Dyke Road and Fraserwood Way widening and trail connection
- Laneway upgrade –Belair Drive
- Williams Road drainage improvements
- South Dike Upgrades between No. 3 Road and Gilbert Road
- Leslie Road and Brown Road area watermain replacement
- Horseshoe Slough drainage pump station replacement
Both Metro Vancouver and Fortis BC will also be in attendance with information and display boards about their projects in Richmond.
For more information on the City’s capital projects, visit www.richmond.ca/roadworks.