Organization Chart & Overview
(for mobile devices use the corresponding text links below)
- Engineering Planning
- Engineering, Design & Construction
- Environmental Programs
- Fleet Operations
- Roads & Construction Services
- Capital Building & Project Development
- Sewerage & Drainage
- Water Services
- Sustainability and District Energy
- Facility Services
- Public Works Administration
The Engineering & Public Works Division is responsible for:
- the engineering design, and construction of the City's infrastructure and all City owned buildings.
- the delivery and maintenance of the local water supply.
- the maintenance of the sewer and drainage, dykes and irrigation system
- the maintenance and development of current and long range engineering planning, the Geographic Information System (GIS), and drafting.
- the coordination of garbage, recycling collection, litter collection and environmental protection services on behalf of residents
- the maintenance of the City’s road network
- providing, managing and operating a mixed fleet of vehicles, heavy equipment and an assortment of specialized work units for the City operations.
The Engineering & Public Works Vision Statement is:
"To be the best Engineering and Public Works Department in Canada"
The division is divided into the following departments and sections:
The Director of Engineering is responsible for Engineering Planning, Engineering Design and Construction, Facility Services, Capital Buildings Project Development, and Sustainability and District Energy.
The Director of Operations is responsible for Water, Roads and Construction, Fleet Operations, Environmental Programs, and Sewerage and Drainage.
Public Works Administration
The Manager of Public Works Administration is responsible for Dispatch Operations, Communication and Technical Services and Department Administration.
Contact Us: Engineering & Public Works